Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Just Want to Feel Beautiful...


Lets get a little personal today Fitness nation... ok?

All women want to feel beautiful. We secretly crave those words. We analyze other women, and wonder how they were so lucky to be so naturally beautiful... We make faces in the mirror, and pose, and try our hardest to fit a mold we created for ourselves based off of what we see in others.

It's tough honestly. There are days when I feel like I don't even want people to see me, because I feel less than mediocre no matter how hard I try to gussy up. We spend hundreds of dollars on make up over our lifetime, and hair products, and we use filters on our selfies because we want someone to think we are beautiful. We want to be adored by someone. We just want to be loved, even if it is only for superficial reasons, because at least that way, we aren't invisible.

Why is it that when I look in the mirror at myself, I see plain, boring me? Why is it that when I look at other women, I see beauty which I feel like I wasn't blessed with? Why is my smile crooked? Why do I have this crazy frizz ball of hair, but she has smooth perfect hair? Why is her butt so perfect naturally, when I actually WORK for that look and I don't have it? Don't I deserve it too? Did I piss karma off or something? Being a woman means all of these things, admit it or not.

With these thoughts in mind, I do put make up on. I put make up on because of these thoughts, and because I am just like every other woman... I crave that feeling of beauty. I want it. I want to achieve it, and I'm never quite sure why I feel like I fall short of that... I will tell you one thing though, I work EXTREMELY hard to have a positive attitude, a compassionate heart, and an inspiring spirit, because I hope all of these things will make up for where I think I fall short, in terms of beauty.

I know many women beat themselves up far too often, because they desire this level of perfection that just isn't possible. Have you ever noticed that you think other women are beautiful, yet you don't see it in yourself? Do you honestly think you are the only woman who thinks this way? I am willing to bet the woman next to you is looking at you, seeing beauty that you can't see, and she cant see it in herself just the same. We need to stop being so hard on ourselves, because it destroys our confidence. We need to do things that make us happy, and in return let that happiness show. We need to be comfortable in our own skin, and if that means accepting your body as is, then do it! If that means becoming healthier, do it! We need to make sure to empower others, so that they will not forget what we see in them, because no one wants to feel this way all of the time. Can you imagine a world where every woman felt beautiful and smiled as bright as the burning sun? Tell someone today that she is beautiful, even if you don't know her. Remind someone you love that they are more than they see themselves as. You might be the brightness they needed on their cloudy day.

Have a great day everyone!!! You are all beautiful!!

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing and exactly what I hope to inspire in as many people as I can. With your permission I am using your transformation story as well as this quote for an event page I am creating on facebook.

    You are truly inspirational. Thank you.

    Mind Embodied Events -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I just saw this, however I am always happy to help out with my story :)

      Delete
  2. This is amazing and exactly what I hope to inspire in as many people as I can. With your permission I am using your transformation story as well as this quote for an event page I am creating on facebook.

    You are truly inspirational. Thank you.

    Mind Embodied Events -

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always a room for perfection. Thank you for this lovely and inspiring article. My sister is an inspiration to me. She lost 5 KG of weight without going on a strict diet. All she did was consuming a glass of Pure Acai Berry Juice every morning on an empty stomach. She looks gorgeous and gone are the days when he college-mates used to make fun of her as she was fat earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your post.
    I like your post.
    Cook at healthy smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete